Baltimore brutalists Misery Index have announced that they’re gonna release a new compliation of rarities and b-sides, Coffin Up the Nails, on July 9.
The first single is a fairly straightforward cover of Bolt Thrower’s 1994 classic, “When Glory Beckons.” You can check it out below.
Says the band of Coffin Up the Nails:
“Much like our last compilation Pulling Out the Nails, this release is comprised of a diverse collection of ‘odds and ends’ tracks from EPs, splits and bonus tracks, which were not always accessible to (or even heard by) many. Again, we have a decade behind us, with many adventures, mishaps and insalubrious achievements along the way. So we have dragged forth an assortment of detritus from the waste bins of past recording sessions. As always, thanks to you all for the support and we look forward to seeing you all somewhere along the road during the next ten years (assuming the world does not implode).
You can pre-order Coffin Up the Nails here. The track list is as follows:
- “When Glory Beckons”
- “Zombie Prescription”
- “Man of Your Dreams” (feat. Cannibal Corpse’s Rob Barrett)
- “I Disavow” (7” version 2020 remix)
- “Wasting Away “(7” version 2020 remix)
- “Primitive Future” (2020 remix)
- “Siberian” (2018 remix)
- “Thieves of the New World Order”
- “Ghosts of Catalonia” (Demo version)
- “Thrown Into the Sun “(Demo version)
- “Traitors” (Demo version)
- “Conquistadores” (Alternate mix)
[via The PRP]